The existing navigation channel, planned for the future operation of a lock at the Salto Grande dam, has a double system of static closure panels.
The projected auxiliary structure, consisting of a 29.50 m span metal beam, with electromechanical translation and lifting equipment with a load capacity of 60 tons, was designed to carry out the following operations:
- Elevation of the new panels to be installed in the second closure.
- Longitudinal transport of the hanging panels, over the channel to the position.
- Controlled descent of the panels to their final position at the second closure.
- Elevation of the existing panels of the first closure.
- Longitudinal transfer of said panels over the channel, to the discharge position for maintenance.
- Cross discharge of the first closure panels, on the platform on which maintenance operations are carried out.